Thursday, July 02, 2009

SOMTIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN!

SUNSET-POSTER-STYLE

The intro;- A lost friend..

While purchasing a U2 cd today, i met a friend,whom i didn't recollect at first thought.[mcm pernah tengok tapi dimana ya!!] we exchange words with "hey bro, where have i seen you before?". Then, we recall an event we both participated, thus greeted each other with a hand shake.. aah "long time running bro'" We have met before at the first bloggers night 2 years ago being host by the Arab-families in kuala Belait. He's back from melbourne going for a short holiday here. [mcm c OOF lh]. Nothing much have change since you left Brunei, i said.. Well there your living in a fast lane. He's one of the bro's who is into sunsets photos, he's crafted work really inspired me..[safarul] visit www.heretheresomewhere.blogspot.com .Pity thou, he said that the feeling just isn't there anymore.. Emm i wonder why ?

Exchanging contact no...as we ended our conversation.

The pics;-

Capturing images of sunsets is something worth living for. I grew fond each day for this scenery & still hunting for more pictures. It seep right thru me & it stick like glue. This sunsets scenery helps me grow & i blend quickly with it's surrounding. It never bored me doing the same things twice!!

On this recent sunset quest, i present to you an image of a man seen standing at the beach taking pictures of the sunset. What entice me in taking this manner is his posture. His posture is just ideal enough for me to compose a silhouette pics of him with the sun. I sidle behind him not to attract his attention & place my gears just a fraction parallel with the subject as his figure slightly covering the sun was what i had in mind. This simple artistic subject makes a strong silhouette image look awesome.[haha angkat bakul aah kediaku].

Knowing what you want to shoot making it more easier to create a magnificent image. But sometimes you can't make it on your own!! Like in this picture, a friend is all i need to create a gawking & mouth-watering images.[envy?] haha...

I'd be more appreciative, if you could leave your comment or critics on the comments provided instead at the shout-out box. Thank you very much & have a pleasant viewing. ollaa!!

P/s: Luckily, there's no ghost clowning at the beach, so i didn't have to clone them out & placed it at oXp pics..hehe[jokingly]

15 comments:

Out Of Focus July 2, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

FIRST!!!! Hehehe!!

Okay.. the serious stuff.. This is beautiful mate (speaking with an OZ accent) I can never do this, framing a person in the middle of the photo and make it look great.

You did well and I envy you on this. I must try and do photos using a non wide lens next time. Hehe!

So is this Puppet? Where is he these days? Everytime I hear of him is from you. Hve you been hiding him? He's got a nice behind. Hehe!!

I must meet this Safarul. Next time I go to Melbourne, he can take me around to do some photography.

BTW, you misspelled slide (sidle) I think that's what you meant. Now you can't say I never read your post.

You're 2 different guys sometimes you know.. You're funny on my site but sentimental here. Hehe!!

Nicely done mate.. Keep'em comin..

PainQler July 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Thank you, Glad you've liked it.

Yes, i'm experimenting capturing images nowadays by just using a kit lens & grew fond it.

Like i've said knowing what to shoot & the knowing the lens capability.. So here it is..

Poor puppet, he was recuperating after got biten by a black cobra..
Not sure what species it was, but that time it was dark & only a snake can make ur leg swell.. so we assume it was a black cobra.

Safarul is indeed a good humble guy. He's gone back to melbourne thou.. Loving his crafted work..

Sidle was an intended word.
sidle
Verb
[-dling, -dled] to walk slowly and carefully, not wanting to be noticed [obsolete sideling sideways]
Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Two different person?

Maybe my split personality.

Thanks again, you should try it out..

Out Of Focus July 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

Riiiight.. bagus henglish mu wang.. Hehe!! No I slide back to my hole...

PainQler July 2, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

hahakz..

Henglish ku ne mcm henglish Hentai.
so Hentai henglish Good maa..

I'd would think of words in my head & compose it, like i did with my pictures..

So, i'm well equip..

oooh ur sliding bck to your hole?

So u must be the one who bite puppet's leg the other day..

No wonder u asking about him..
Nice behind kn heheheh..

PainQler July 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

Emm..

I do feel pity for my friend seen standing in this pics.

Sabar bro puppet aah.. tahan sja dulu ok.. ramai org meliat ne..

Jgn pandang belakang sja. krg lari tia composition kediaku..heheh

CiliQueen July 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

perfect subjects composition ..could do this on canvas oil painting :))

PainQler July 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Aahha..CQ..

The PainQler's Crew were entice with your ideas..

Emm still brainstorming to that very thought.

Dhani July 6, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

wahh aku yg last ni ehe as I was waiting for your site to load, ada nampak ckit sneak preview and the world just suddenly slows down. I have no regrets to pay a visit here, and consider me as your avid visitor from time to time (yes OOF yours too! hehe) Where was I? Oh yeah, melangaplah ckit mulutku sekajap meliat this haha gotta love sunsets, always.

I guess what im trying to say is that this is a brilliant photo; you had the idea, you put some effort and you got it. Great composition; like the silhouette man, horizon pn balance, all good. The weather has not been conducive lately, so haven't been going out much to take shots. But man, this surely puts a smile on my face. thanks.

PainQler July 7, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

A compliment noted.
I couldn't have done this without encouragement & the support.

This encouragement means alot since, i've done nothing interesting lately.

Photography does excite me, i get to meet new friends, exchanging ideas, learn new meaning to life, new this & that.. bla..bla..bla..etc..on & on..

Oooh..I get carried away for once there...
Putting an end to my sad note..

I'm loving the moment & i'm craving for more challenge in my photography world...

Emm.. my new found hobby thou..[is doing a composition on a subject then brain storming it with the intention to excite others..]

Dhani..
Hope well shoot together sometimes..

Oo..la..la..

CiliQueen July 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

If you really do on canvas oil painting, CQ wants to see in real ahhh :))

anyway about your asking the sunsets areas in Spore..CQ's friend recommends you go to the beaches in Spore - Changi (this is best becoz the shoreline scenic stretches up to Tanjong Rhu, whole day not enuff but you must be patient) and of course East Coast; or Marina Barrage, Marina Bay where you can compose with buildings against sunset backdrops :) ..another friend has not come back yet ..will update you again ok ...

PainQler July 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Thank you for the scout report.

I'll take a note to it.
Luckily to have a friend here & there.. it makes things easy for me..

Thanks again CQ..

Snap9000 July 11, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

Nice silhouette effect except subject is too centre so it does create tense.

PainQler July 11, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

Snap9000 at last u've arrived!
Welcome bro..

Ur Just in time..

O..really tense..Thanks bro..It's noted.. But do mind me, how should i put that image correctly?

Abit to the right? or Lower right angle? Which is better?

But, then i'm indeed a Rebel photographer..so i didn't mind much on the rule..

Since it's coming from you, i'll try thou..Appreciate the tips..

Snap9000 July 21, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

I had two friends who are doing PHd, one in art and the other in lighting, He (who did the Phd in lighting) commented one of my photos where I took a silhouette picture of a fren and a sunset. He told me to give the subject (my fren) more breathing room so it will not create tense if its too centred. Here is an example of the photo that I took last winter.
Btw bro', its up to you to decide whether to break or to follow the rule as we are not obliged to follow it : )...
There are 2 photos in this link, the second picture was too centred but the first picture is the correct way to compose; more breathing room on my subject plus the sun is positioned on where the two line intersect (Rule Of Third): http://www.pengambar.com/2009/04/clevedon-outing_3236.html
Another link that might help for landscape photography:
http://digital-photography-school.com/4-rules-of-composition-for-landscape-photography

PainQler July 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Thank you for the information as requested..

I'll take that as a note & will bring this on the field work for the next outings..

Hence,ur ok bro!!

Followers

THE TEXT BOX


ShoutMix chat widget